Vette Stock

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vette Stock
From: "The Christianson's" <chrstson@netins.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 09:53:59 -0500

> I figure my expenses to go from Stock to full-tilt SP in the Z3 coupe
> would
> would exceed $15,000 for vehicle modifications alone.
>
> Mark Sipe
>
>Yeah, but that's a BMW.  If you want .040-over pistons, you probably have
>order them from Germany and spend a fortune.  Chevy parts shouldn't be
>nearly as bad.

>Brad

Right on Brad.. I think the original question was geared more towards could
a guy go out and buy a 12 year old vette and do some fun stuff to it for
the same or less than going out an buying a new $45,000 C5 and having to do
spend some money on top of that.  I think starting out with a 9,000 used
car you could buy a lot of cool stuff before you matched the purchase price
of new.

But it really doesn't seem to matter, you need to find something you like
and that you have fun with...cause there will always be somebody with more
money to spend, and they will.

Havin Fun...
Jeff Christianson
#65 EM  (Way Way less $$ than stock class)