An Ext H/W, PC S/W Solution Proposal

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: An Ext H/W, PC S/W Solution Proposal
From: dennis@raceamerica.com
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:02:08 -0700
If regions and clubs would be seriously interested in a combination of
external hardware timing and PC based race management software, RACEAMERICA
could supply such a piece of hardware complete with sensors and cables in a
relatively short timeframe making the total investment of hardware and
software well under $1,000.  The hardware would be a stripped down version
of our Timer AC4 (no timer displays, etc. since the AC4 actually started
out without these features!).  The software interfacing to this piece of
hardware must be able to interpret 'starts', 'finishes', and 'clock
restarts' from the hardware.  A couple of the software packages already
exist which do interpret these functions making the PC the 'display' for
the hardware timer.  Communications would be via RS232 to the PC.  A Large
Display could also be connected to this type of timer, if desired.

Would this proposal meet the need being discussed?  Let me know your opinion.

Thanks,

Dennis Laczny
RACEAMERICA Timing Systems
http://www.raceamerica.com