Re: kumho crack - narrow rims?

To: whitneys@mindspring.com, solo2@uswest.net, ConeChasr@aol.com
Subject: Re: kumho crack - narrow rims?
From: "Jeff Lloyd" <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 04:36:05 GMT
reguarding the narrow rims, almost all the local guys in my class (B-stock)
run 195/55/14 on the 6" miata rims, they work really well on these cars, I
have however seen about 25% of the cars develop cracks across the tread
face, I guess kumho uses a inferior adheasive to bond the cap to the
carcass, these are not heavy cars, and the tires are on plenty wide rims..
but the tread itself starts to pull apart at the mold seam. it must be the
production of the tire, but as they say... you only get what you pay for.
they must save the money somewhere,

most all of the drivers, still use the tires till they cord without a
problem.. but hey is that $150 you save really worth your life?

now I'm sure you'll never have this problem with a hoosier :-)

Jeff,