Re: Toyota Celica GTS & Echo

To: <KFine@SARCOM.COM>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Toyota Celica GTS & Echo
From: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 09:02:35 -0400
I was having a discussion with someone else about Toyota's
new products.

I posted:
FWIW, I spoke with a friend at Toyota Motors yesterday. I asked about
the
Echo. He almost raved about it. He hasn't raved about a Toyota product
in a few years. He said they shaved the interior space declared
numbers so
it wouldn't be larger than the Corolla. He drove one to RI and got 51
MPG
with the manual trans. I then asked about the new Celica, and he said,

pause....

"The Echo is a really nice car!"

His personal preference was for the GT not the GT-S. Something to the
effect
of that it (the GT-S) had nothing under 5k (power wise). But went on
again to
rave about the Echo. He said it had the best introduction of a new
car, in sales, in Japan (and I think Europe).

Matt Murray

mailto:mattm@optonline.net
mailto:mdmurray@gwns.com