Re: re : New Toyota Celica GTS - sighting

To: AnalogMike@aol.com
Subject: Re: re : New Toyota Celica GTS - sighting
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 15:02:47 -0700
AnalogMike@aol.com wrote:

> Is it just me, or are these new rice rockets coming out with
> fairly useless engines? For the street I like a car with
> some mid range torque so I can pass people and accelerate
> without attracting attention from a mile around with 7000+RPM
> buzzing rushes. And for autox mid range torque is more valuable
> than high end HP.

Its not just you - I will not buy a motorcycle engine hidden in a cars body.

I do wonder if the MX-6 or Probe are indeed dead on some courses - I
suggest not. After watching some Type R's run, the old song "Row, row,
row, your boat" comes merrily to mind, although it might be better as
"shift, shift, shift......"  ;-)

Wonder what a Type R clutch costs?

Scott Meyers