RX7 vs. Corvette

To: "'Team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RX7 vs. Corvette
From: "Isley, Jason C." <JIsley@cell1.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 15:12:19 -0700
        How about instead of moving cars we make some changes.......  A
restricter plate on the RX7 could get the job done..... SCCA uses weight and
restricter plates to balance cars in World challenge. While I don't like the
idea of trying to put 100lbs of lead in a street car. A restricter plate
would be low in cost, and could help balance things out...... Or restrict
the turbo cars to running stock mufflers, as the removal of the muffler on a
RX7 seems to help increase the power substantially.
        I don't like the idea of increasing cost of this sport in any way,
so "trunk kits" would be the wrong direction. Small changes like muffler
restrictions and or restricter plates would add little or no cost.
        I have come to realize after reading many emails, that  we have a
strong SS class. However I still feel it is a little stronger on one side. I
do like to see more than one car in a class. How fun would NASCAR be if all
there were was those lame as* Ford's (just kidding).
        Would any of the RX7 drivers out there be open to restrictions to
help even the playing field?

Jason Isley
jisley@cell1.com