Re: C4 vs Competition

To: "'team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: C4 vs Competition
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 09:54:02 -0700
As with other cars in other classes, not all cars in one class are on
the same "equal potential" line. In each class, on any given day, there
will be certain cars whose attributes align very well with the demands
of that course that weekend.

There is no doubt (to me anyway) that in many places one many weekends
Corvettes would enjoy some advantages over the RX-7's depending on
surface and course conditions. There are numerous places that Corvettes
could and do win, even against excellent Mazda competition.

Picture classing as a collection of cars within a range of competitive
abilities, more like a Venn diagram using circles. There may even be
overlap between classes with some cars.

I have something of a local reputation for choosing cars that are not
"the" car to have, just to satisfy a personal curiosity about "can this
be done". Sometimes it could - and sometimes not. Sure is fun to try to
buck the trends, though. More fun and more challenge than having the
"ideal" car and doing the expected, and I've tried it both ways.

What would everyone say if someone comes out with a Corvette next year,
and because of all the conditions present at that time, beats all the Mazdas?

I think D Stock was won by one Neon over others by nearly two seconds
this year. Shall we reclass the one Neon, or just the driver?  ;-)

Scott Meyers
DS 240 SX - victorious over a few good Neons this year