Re: C4 Vette number crunching

To: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Subject: Re: C4 Vette number crunching
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 17:48:21 -0400
Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com wrote:

> P Foster writes:
>
> >So you tell me. How many of these drivers still go to Nationals in other
> >cars and how many have quit?
>
> Who cares?

Strange comment from an SCAC member but wasn't that the point of
argument yesterday?

> I think we are on totally different wavelengths.  Why 1989 again?  1994 should
>       be the year analyzed.  Maybe even 1995.  The data only shows that SS has
>       gotten stronger!  23 cars in 1989?  Heck, there were 19 Vettes in this
>       years field!  43 cars total!  Seems like SS is thriving with the
>inclusion
>       of the RX-7.

As I have already explained I had the '89 data but no other. Al Chen has
done a great job with the '94 data (which I didn't see until my post
this morning since I am on the digest - but he was gracious enough to
send it to me). And it looks like you may have a point. 43% of the
Corvette drivers from '94 are still competing at Nationals. I was not
expecting it to be that high.

But the shot about the 23 cars in '89 is a bit offbase. I think if you
look at the entrants over all the years that you will see it was 45 or
so Corvettes in SS in the early 90s.

But I bet most people are getting pretty tired of this thread by now.
Maybe it's time to move onto other boring threads, like the average size
of a NE Solo II. Sorry to Katie for making her use that 'Delete' key so
much in the last few days. ;-)

Paul Foster