Re: Crappy Northeast Drivers

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Crappy Northeast Drivers
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 17:48:29 -0400
Mark Sirota wrote:

> Paul Foster writes:
> > Yes, NER is a Jumbo region. But none of the other regions in the NE
> > are that big. I doubt any other region attracts more than 70-80
> > drivers on a good weekend.
>
> Ah, I see you've opened your mouth again, apparently just to switch
> feet.

LOL!

> There are several clubs in the northeast that attract 120 cars or so.
> Philadelphia Region is one (had 156 at one event this year, 141 at
> another).  Finger Lakes used to back when I was there (1988-1992).
> I wouldn't be surprised if Northern New Jersey gets that many every
> so often.

Wow. Color me surprised. Metro NY was apparently more the exception more
than the rule. The local PCA used to have 30-40 and I never saw more
than 70 or so at a NYR event.

> You really ought to get out more.  In fact, I travel to an awful lot
> of events, and I've been active in the northeast autox scene for the
> last 10-12 years.  I even ran a Porsche from 1991 to 1993.  Have we ever
> met?  Have you ever beaten me?

I am now living in Orlando which also suffers from lack of events and
people. If I am also wrong about this please let me know as I need more
events! And I certainly would know you. I'd walk up to you and say "Hi
Josh! What the hell are you doing out here?"

Paul Foster