Re: Bus

To: steve@couture.org
Subject: Re: Bus
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 07:15:21 -0500
Steve Couture wrote:

> Thanks Pat!
>
> I assume your "don't try this at home" comment is in reference to your
> School Bus as Car Transporter conversion?  I did overhear one witness
> describe Pat's arrangement as "an impressive, yet -somewhat- questionable
> feat of engineering."  But in Pat's defense, I am extremely impressed with
> the amount of thought and engineering effort that went into this
> conversion.

Thanks Steve.  While this effort may be somewhat questionable, I cannot
argue it's financial benefit.  I have a very dependable turbo diesel rig
that I can live in for less than the cost of enclosed trialer.  It gets
10 MPG and cruises at 70 MPH with ease.  The biggest benefit is to my
car.  Each "local" event no longer puts 500 to 600 miles on the clock.
The other plus is that I can bring my family along and they do not have
to endure the hardships of AX Sunday living, so it becomes more of a
family affair.  Looking for a kart for my daughter, she will soon be
terrorizing the courses with me, and this makes the whole thing easier.