Re: C4 Vette

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: C4 Vette
From: Streldoc@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 06:06:41 EDT
In a message dated 10/6/99 2:12:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dg50@daimlerchrysler.com writes:

<< I think a C4 with the right driver and properly prepared is probably still
 competitive in SS. I'd bet Erik S. could win in one. >>

After driving the fastest vette in the country...Mike McClure's, I don't
think the C4 are as good as a well prepared and driven RX7.  He is definitely
getting 99-100% out of the car.  The GEEZ proved it as well as him kicking my
ass by 1.4 seconds.  I think his car could be setup a bit better (but not
much) He is definitely driving it to its full potential, which still comes up
short.  I definitely don't think I could win in one, if there were good RX7
pilots still present.
Now if Daddio gets one.....

Erik Strelnieks
Glad that the National Champion Jacket is not like a fighters belt that has
to be given over to the victor....great driving Mike!, and for that matter to
Wally Strezlec in FS who was faster in only 2 runs, until he broke his tranny
in his Camaro....I suck in Vettes!