Re: C4 - The Novel

To: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: C4 - The Novel
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 07:37:55 -0500
Paul Czarnecki wrote:

> I really don't care how ST (or my fav, STR) was created.  What is
> good about ST (and STR) is that it provides a place to play (and be
> competitive) for a type of car that was MISSING from the previous
> competition matrix.

True, and I think that is important to allowing different cars in, but I
also buy in to Roger's main point that currently the drivers in this
class have been around for awhile, thus we are not really bringing in a
lot of new participants.  My personal thought this year was (I know I
will catch hell for this!) that perhaps this should be the future of
Street Prepared?   In my mind, STR fits what I thought SP was supposed
to be when I first started learning about SCCA class structure.  I don't
think we need new classes either, but I do think that some classes may
need updating occasionally to keep up with the direction the auto
industry takes us.

PLW (ducking)