Re: Classing for _Fun_ not for _Times_ (Was: No win= no run)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Classing for _Fun_ not for _Times_ (Was: No win= no run)
From: Nathan <nberg@nmt.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 12:40:18 -0600 (MDT)
  The few times that I have autox I can honeslty say I was only doing it
for fun.  I am currently a novice (prolly upgrade at the next race) and
have pretty much zero chance of winning.  Right now there is a guy that
has raced the entire season as a novice, driving a Acura NSX.  I am
driving an 87 Mustang GT E-SP.  The tires are OLD, they came off a
different car, and barely hold air long enough to race.  They have
absolutely NO traction (especially in a car with as much oversteer as my
mustang) so every turn is actually an attempt at controlled sliding.  Not
pretty.  But, hey, I have a blast sliding around on my old tires, and
finish dead last. =)  Maybe someday I will get some real tires on the car
and actually pose a threat.  But until then I am happy racing on what I
have.  I just do it because it is a safe appropriate environment to drive
as hard as I can, and pick up the skills as I go.  It is also a good
stress reliever for a poor college student. =)
Nathan

87 GT 5spd
SCCA E-SP
http://www.nmt.edu/~nberg/mustang.html