Re: FS: 13x8 rims and Hoosiers

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FS: 13x8 rims and Hoosiers
From: Todd Walke <racertod@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:49:32 -0700
Allen Skillicorn wrote:

>I have 4 brand new 13x8 Diamond Racing wheels wrapped in brand new ( only
>scuffed ) 225/50/13 Hoosier radials.  I bought the rims in May, and the
>tires in April.  The tires still have the holographic tread and a few
>mold nubs left.
>
>The rims have a 4x100 bolt pattern and 5.5" backspacing.  They were made
>to fit a Honda, but they will fit Mazda's, and VW's perfectly and probaly
>a few more.

        I have wheels with 5" backspacing on my VW.  There is less than 1/2"
clearance to the front strut, so anyone considering using them on a VW
might want to measure carefully or be prepared to use spacers.  My car is
an A2 chassis, the A1 chassis has the same backspacing, don't know about
the A3 or A4 cars.
        If they are hub-centric wheels verify that the center hole is 57mm in
diameter.  If memory serves, Honda uses a slightly smaller center hole by
like 2 millimeters.  Tightening wheels with the smaller hole onto your VW
will result in your wheels being press-fitted permanently onto the hub.
Not fun.

Todd
Seattle,WA
'86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car)  229,000 miles
'87 Golf, Polar Silver. (boring work car)     300,000 miles

Come visit:
 RacerTodd's Ferrari Pit Stop
 http://www.crosswinds.net/~racertod
          includes: