wheels

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: wheels
From: Marc Smith <marcs@gdi.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 19:27:36 -0400
Hi all.

I relatively new to Autocross  had my fourth run a couple weeks.  he
wife.com has agreed to allow me to purchase a set of racing tire/rims so
that i do not destroy the $170/tire  street rubber I have on the car
now.

I have checked out Tirerack  and saw the R-1 and khumo's (sp)  are in my
price range.  I'm waitingto hear back from Team T/A on their price for
the R-1.   Is it worth the extra $$ to buy then heat treated?  or should
I do it myself?

Also I am looking for a set of cheap.... er.. budget priced  wheels.
I'm looking for 17"  with a 5 on 5 bolt pattern.  typical GM truck
pattern.   the wheels are going to go on a 1994 Impala SS  I know I need
to check the backspacing.   Does anyone know if the "Nascar" style rims
Typically 15" come in the 17" flavor?  Tire rack wanted 3 bills for each
wheel,  I can get GM OEM rims for $175.

Any Ideas?    Besides  getting a different car to autocross  :)

marc

mailto:marcs@gdi.net