Re: Miata questions

To: Derek Engelhaupt <derekengelhaupt@rocketmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Miata questions
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:01:03 -0700 (PDT)

--- Derek Engelhaupt <derekengelhaupt@rocketmail.com>
wrote:

> wheels.  The stock
> '94-'97 14" seven spokers (11lbs.) or the 15" BBS
> wheels (8.5lbs.) from
> the '95 M Edition would be good choices - that is if
> you are staying in
> B stock.  Of course the BBS wheels are expensive and
> hard to come by
> ($850/piece dealer price).

FWIW the 15" BBS wheels are 11.5# each, verified by
me.  In addition, '99+ alloys have 40mm offset, while
earlier ones are 45mm.  You'd be hurting yourself on
track, though the change in scrub radius *might* (big
if) help with manual steering.  American Racing makes
a number of 14x6 rims with 38mm offset, which would be
legal for '99+ though not earlier cars.  Koenig Tuner
14x6's fit and weigh 12# but may be out of production.

My BBS aren't for sale until I find out whether they
fit a MR2 Spyder... ;)

Craig Blome