Re: Prizm class/Rental Cars

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Prizm class/Rental Cars
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:59:13 -0400
> Locally they have a paxed street tire class where any stock or SP car
> can run if it has street tires. Since I'd run the rental in that, the
thought
> occurred - wouldn't it be cool to do an autocross event where all the cars
> were rental cars? After the money spent on my ESP car, I wonder if I
> shouldn't have gone the rental route this year.<s>

At our local ice races, they often have a rental car class.  Last year a
couple of times they rented something like a Blazer or Explorer (this is ice
racing, not pavement, so little danger of rollovers), and you could compete
against others in class R (rental).  I never tried it, but I wish I did.  It
was funny watching literally entire families pile into an SUV to add weight
for more traction.  Of course the rental can be whatever the organizers
choose - from an Eagle Talon TSI AWD with studded tires to a Crown Vic on
all seasons!

    - Justin
      95 SC2 "Locutus"
      83 320i "Igor"