Brakes for Integra

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Brakes for Integra
From: "Alvin Lin" <auto_xer@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:19:46 PDT
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:11:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: cab3@iname.com
Subject: Brake Recommendations for '93 Integra

So, now I'm looking for alternatives (or the reality of what pads
WOULD work on my Integra..given that Honda Civics and Integras share
just about everything).  Could anyone give me some recommendations on
their experience with various pads?

I'm looking for something with better performance than the stock pads,
but not any that create so much brake dust that I have to clean the
car every week to prevent buildup.

Any/all suggestions very welcome!

  -- Chad  ( '93 Integra GS in ES )

Hey Chad,

I bought the following set up for my 1995 Civic EX (same brakes as you w/o
ABS):

Brembo heat treated, cadmium plated and slotted rotors
Porterfield R4S carbon/kevlar pad
Porterfield steel braided brake lines
Motul 600 brake fluid

Since you are in ES, you can prob only use the R4S pads and Brembo rotors
(stock size and not slotted).

I only had one opportunity to try out the pads at an autocross.  I was still
getting used to them at that practice event, so I don't think my times
improved as much as they should.

On the street, the pads have saved me from some close calls.  They seemed to
help my car decrease the braking distance considerably.  The dusting wasn't
all that bad.  The dust was red and easy to remove.  There was no brake
squealing at all.  However, I have only had my brakes on for 2 months before
I crashed my car, so my experience with the brakes was only limited to that
time period.

I should be getting my car back from the shop next week and will be parting
out the performance parts in my car.  I will be selling parts of the brake
kit above in you are interested in buying a slightly used  set to try out.
Email me if interested.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I hope my answer help answer some
of your questions.

Alvin