Re: Snap-on cordless impact

To: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Snap-on cordless impact
From: Alek Tziortzis <alextz@comm.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:06:46 -0500
Matt Murray wrote:

> What sort of life do you get out of the battery, i.e. will
> it handle swapping tires twice in one day, let's say
> a Sunday for example?  :^)

All of the cordless impacts rate themselves at full charge, so you might
get 85 ft-lbs on a brand new fresh battery but realistically it is
probably in the 70's. Not enough to break the lugs loose. Usually I just
use a T bar and undo the lugnuts 1/4 turn while car is on the ground,
then the cordless impact can do the rest.

one charge usually lasts about 3 weeks (3 autoxes with no charging in
between) (at least on my hitachi). It is one of the most durable
cordless tools I have ever seen.

Alex