Another use for cordless drills

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another use for cordless drills
From: "Crooke John" <crooke_john@bah.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 08:44:44 -0400
Hey,

I found that I can use my Makita 12V Cordless Drill to actually jack up
my car.

I put an old allyn wrench in the chock of the drill, and use it to spin
the end of the scissor jack that comes with the car. It goes right up in
about 5-10 seconds. Way faster and easier on the back than cranking it
by hand, and lighter and almost as fast as a big ol' floor jack.

Then I use an X type tire-iron + torque wrench to do the nuts. It's
faster than the drill, really, because they need to be started by hand
and then torqued anyway.

Think Heloise wants to hear about this?
--
John Crooke