Re: Your car choice

To: Justin Hughes <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Subject: Re: Your car choice
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 19:38:37 -0500
Justin Hughes wrote:

> But what about someone who happens to fall into ES and doesn't have a Neon?
> Many who run in stock *gasp* don't have autox at the top of their list of
> priorities when buying a car *double gasp!!!*  Since something besides a
> Neon fits their needs better, or maybe just their budget, they shouldn't be
> penalized for it by being forced to run in a class dominated by another
> particular car.

Sorry, but Neons are not on the top of my list as fast ES cars.  A bit
outclassed IMHO.  As for someone being "penalized" for driving a car
they like for reasons other than autocross, I don't see how you can
blame the SCCA or the class structure for what you choose to drive by
insinuating that you are being "penalized" for your choice.  If you are
serious about AX, buy something that is competitive.  If not, buy
something that makes you happy, run it anyway, and have fun. What's the
downside?  I drove an old 1987 VW Quantum Wagon on some pretty hard
street tires at the last event of the year a couple of weeks ago.
(Thanks Phil!)  What a kick!  I had a lot more pure FUN in that than I
did my Neon.  Either way...have fun and finish with a smile on your
face!

PLW