Re: Prepared suspension rules Q

To: Stan Whitney <dp25sdw@yahoo.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Prepared suspension rules Q
From: bruce haden <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:07:56 -0700
>> Ahhhh. Not so. There is another section (don't have
>> it off hand) that says,
>> approximately..."Alternately, all cars may fit
>> coil-over units..." I read
>> that to mean
>> you can put just about  anything under the car. I
>> never found anything to
>> nullify that conclusion. The only limit I can see is
>> that you have to keep
>> it live axle or independent as originally equipped.
>> Comments??? Am I right?

>I'd have to agree with that,
>
>The way it looks is you can change spring, shock, and
>suspensions components and pickups, and convert from
>struts (or anything else - swing axles?) to A-Arms in
>the front, and retain the the rear as the same
>configuration - or convert to a beam/live axle.
>
>Lots of freedom, except in the rear of the car.
>
>Stan Whitney

That's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure. I run a Pinto
in EP and that Catch-all phrase may come in handy some day
if I decide to get real serious with it. I was kind of surprised to see
it and looked real hard to see if it was countered by another
stipulation somewhere else. My reading is that as long as I keep
a live axle in the rear I can virtually put a formula car suspension
under the car. Interesting thoughts come to mind....heh,heh,heh.