Re: Hoosiers and Kumho

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Subject: Re: Hoosiers and Kumho
From: "Steve Ashcraft" <ashcraft2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:51:32 -0400
Katie,
We have been keeping track of runs on Kumhos on Miatas ( Four 1994s
(195/55/14)  and one 1999(205/5?/15)) this year. We have gone through 12
sets. Runs are typically 45-55 seconds and always on asphalt (except for
Rich in Topeka). The smooth guy gets about 140 runs per set and the harsh
guy gets about 95 runs.  Hope this helps.
Steve
PS - My opinion is that I'd store the Hoosiers in black trash bags, suck the
air out with a shop vac,  seal the bags, store in a cool, dry place and use
them next year.  I've never needed to do this (I'm the guy who only gets 95
runs;-) but this is my best guess on how to preserve tires.