Re: X-POST Dyno results are IN!!

To: rweatherford@mindspring.com, quadforum-l <quadforum-l@lightlink.com>,
Subject: Re: X-POST Dyno results are IN!!
From: Ryan Kovacs <stang93@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:56:51 -0400
At 08:20 PM 10/24/99 -0400, Rex Weatherford wrote:
>I am very proud to announce my stock GTZ's dyno results.  I am very
>pleased with the outcome.
>
>I went on Saturday with the Atlanta F-body club to Atlanta Chassis Dyno.
>
>You can see results here:
>
>http://www.beretta.net/fast_lane/dyno_charts/gtz/92_gtz_quad_stock_rw.jpg
>

>I would like to thank Keith White for sending me his Tornado air device
>(POS).  Unfortunately I was not allowed to make any changes to the car
>while making my three runs.  I had to get on the dyno and back off so
>that more people could run.  I will do some testing with this thing on
>Street Dyno.  Just looking at it I would say that it hinders air flow
>more than it could ever help.  But time will tell.  Keith was just going
>to throw it away so I thought I would at least try to get some real #'s
>for the thing.

>From all I have heard they are junk, but it would be interesting to see
some real Dyno results with and without it.

>Just so you don't have to load the image if you don't want to here are
>the #'s.
>
>All these figures are WHEEL HP.
>
>151.2 HP @ ~6100 RPM
>134.8 Ft-lbs @ ~4950 RPM
>

>Not to shabby!!!

That's pretty good for a 4 cylinder at the wheels.

>I'm a VERY happy quad owner.  This is about the same as one of those new
>Contour SVT's and more than some modified Probe GT's.
>
>New exhaust goes on this friday!!!
>
>Whooo HOooooo!  ;^)
>
>BTW if anyone can diagnose or give me some ideas on how to really
>improve power between 4000 and 7000 RPM I'm all ears!  Remember my car
>is all stock except an empty converter.  (Till this friday)

If the exhaust is more open it should help at the upper end, also if you
get a better exhaust header and open up the ports a little with a valve job.

>How about that DIP between 3000 - 4100 RPM?

I'm not very familiar with Quad engines but I would imagine that this is
where it goes from one cam profile to another.  I have seen this with the
DOHC Honda engines.

Ryan Kovacs
Atlanta