X-POST Dyno results are IN!!

To: quadforum-l <quadforum-l@lightlink.com>,
Subject: X-POST Dyno results are IN!!
From: Rex Weatherford <rweatherford@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 20:20:48 -0400
I am very proud to announce my stock GTZ's dyno results.  I am very
pleased with the outcome.

I went on Saturday with the Atlanta F-body club to Atlanta Chassis Dyno.

You can see results here:

http://www.beretta.net/fast_lane/dyno_charts/gtz/92_gtz_quad_stock_rw.jpg

I would like to thank Keith White for sending me his Tornado air device
(POS).  Unfortunately I was not allowed to make any changes to the car
while making my three runs.  I had to get on the dyno and back off so
that more people could run.  I will do some testing with this thing on
Street Dyno.  Just looking at it I would say that it hinders air flow
more than it could ever help.  But time will tell.  Keith was just going
to throw it away so I thought I would at least try to get some real #'s
for the thing.

Just so you don't have to load the image if you don't want to here are
the #'s.

All these figures are WHEEL HP.

151.2 HP @ ~6100 RPM
134.8 Ft-lbs @ ~4950 RPM

Not to shabby!!!

I'm a VERY happy quad owner.  This is about the same as one of those new
Contour SVT's and more than some modified Probe GT's.

New exhaust goes on this friday!!!

Whooo HOooooo!  ;^)

BTW if anyone can diagnose or give me some ideas on how to really
improve power between 4000 and 7000 RPM I'm all ears!  Remember my car
is all stock except an empty converter.  (Till this friday)

How about that DIP between 3000 - 4100 RPM?

Feel free to forward my good news.   ;^)  <VBG>

--
Rex Weatherford <---(now believes in the "quad-force")
92 Beretta GTZ 2.3 97,000 Miles 15.531@91.28MPH <--(is one with the
#22 GS Atlanta Region SCCA Solo II
95 Grand Am GT 3100 V-6 (wife's car)
http://www.beretta.net/