Re: Mr.Video???????

To: eric10mm@qni.com
Subject: Re: Mr.Video???????
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 22:22:35 -0500
Linnhoff, Eric wrote:

> If you're determined, any guard system can be defeated. And editing my own
> purchased tape for my own viewing purposes absolutely is NOT illegal or even
> immoral for that matter so I totally resent the copy guard features.

I think Dick R. had a better idea: Ask them to custom edit one up for
you.  I'm sure they would do it at a real reasonable cost.  I don't
understand the logic behind wanting them to come out, set up, and tape
*everyones* runs, but then cut them off at the knees by not honoring
their copy protection rights. Seems a bit contradictory to me.

PLW