Re: How many people Dissapointed with Mr. Video? (Was Mr Video?????)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How many people Dissapointed with Mr. Video? (Was Mr Video?????)
From: garyk98@home.com (Gary K)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:51:44 GMT
On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 21:35:09 -0400, you wrote:

>> --- SVPViper@aol.com wrote:
>> I just recieved mine last night.  DSL, and ESP South course.  It is 2
>> tapes.  The 2nd tape the guy didn't even record the last 90' left.
>> He just sat there on the straight away part!  Does anyone have a
>> contact for a refund... I am sorry... but these tapes SUCK in my
>> opinion!
>

>Scott Hearne wrote:

>I just received my tapes today and was able to quickly preview them and
>think they are head and shoulders above what was offered last year. Are they
>perfect? No. Do they convey a sense of what the courses were like? Yes.
>
>It is my opinion that they are far better than having nothing. I may be
>wrong but given the fact that static pictures (either regular photos or
>digital) cost as much as an entire tape's worth of everybody's runs I'd say
>anyone that ordered and received them got a fair value.
>
>I would suspect that Mr. Video will make improvements on next year's
>production given the advances they made this year. I think people should be
>grateful for what they receive. I'm amazed that what is on the tapes is as
>good as what it is for all that was charged for them.
>
>Scott Hearne
>hondaman@speedynet.net

On the FM tape I got, the first camera person got the whole course,
but the other two stopped at the pointer cone right before the left
and finish line, which is where I believe yours stops at.  The reason
they stop there is that if they tried to film the finish, all you
would see is the back of another camera person, thus no finish (I saw
a dark blob a couple of times, and could make out a person once).  The
placement of the camera's did not allow them to get the whole course.
The start was also a tough spot to film.

And I agree with Scott.  The quality is a lot better than the years
past.  I have bought a tape each of the past 3 years and this is by
far the best.  Even with the finish missing.

Gary Kramar
'89 F440 FM