Re: Server fund update

To: Jeff Lloyd <jslz3@hotmail.com>, dg50@daimlerchrysler.com,
Subject: Re: Server fund update
From: Grant Heffernan <granth@sco.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:37:58 -0400
Ok, I'll throw in my two cents... Linux is jolly, but if you're looking for
a Unix on Intel server that can handle more than dual processors and some
serious load (I'm not sure what your requirements are) I heartily recommend
UnixWare.  Plain and simple, it rocks.  It's not free, but then again, it's
supported.

At 08:11 PM 10/28/99 +0000, Jeff Lloyd wrote:
>DG,
>
>Keeping the Hewelett Packard is sticking it to the man
>the 730 Runs Unix, unix, and a little more unix. Intel is also the MAN..
>
>Mark,
>If you are going Linux I reccomend an ALPHA processor
>I am currently running this combination in my server
>and let me say, there is nothing that I have ever worked on
>intel based that comes close to the alpha, and Red hat has
>a Alpha native port of there linux
>
>Jeff
>

> >From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
> >To: autox@autox.team.net
> >Subject: Re: Server fund update
> >Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 09:51:35 -0400
> >
> >Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
> >
> > > The decision I'll have to make is whether I should stick with just
> >upgrading
> > > the Hewlett-Packard 730 HP-UX system that currently runs the email, web
> >and
> > > FTP services, or venture into the world of Intel processors and most
> >likely
> > > Linux.  We shall see.
> >
> >Do it! Do it now! Stick it to The Man!
> >
> >:)