Re: Load leveling hitches

To: "Autox List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Load leveling hitches
From: "Robert Glover" <rob@f-body.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 20:33:08 -0700
From: <Hottvr@aol.com>

> At the nationals someone backed into the tongue of my enclosed trailer.
> Nothing was damaged except one of mounts that holds the chains for the
"load
> leveling" hitch. I straightened it out and made the grueling trip back to
> Kansas City. The next week It failed totally, leaving its parts scattered
> about US 40 east of Blue Springs Missouri.
>
> Heres the deal, my wife went to the trailer place to pick up a new one
today.
> She came home saying "I hope this fits, it looks alot heavier than what
you
> had". See
> was indeed correct! (Its great to have a wife who can shop for anything)
> These Drawtite units are three times as heavy as the Reese
> stuff the Haulmark Trailer came with. The Drawtite units are a "Weldment"
as
> oppossed to the Reese which is only a stamping. This stuff looks "real"
and
> it is!

While we're at it, I'll mention my hitch, which I absolutely love.  The
Equalizer.  www.equalizerhitch.com.  Spent the bux and got the highest-rated
one they had, cost me $493 shipped.  Load-leveling and Anti-Sway, all in one
unit.

I've towed into headwinds, crosswinds, and speeds up to 85 mph, and the
trailer doesn't sway in the least.  No, the speed isn't a frequent thing. :)

The hitch just plain rocks.

Rob