Re: Scooby classing

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Scooby classing
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 00:26:16 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>

> At 11:18 AM -0500 10/30/1999, Jeff Cashmore wrote:
> >Solo I and II Technical Bulletins  (From the July, 1999 issue)
> >
> >The following new car classifications are effective immediately:
> >     Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT         ES
> >

> Does anyone care to comment on this (AB?)?  I own one of these things
> and I barely compete in it, but my impression of it is a heavy softly
> spring car.  165hp and AWD is pretty good for HS, but 3100 lbs is
> pretty bad.

They seem to be faster than they look.  One of our local drivers (Richard
West -- he ran Nationals in a GS Impreza this year) ran a GT 2.5 wagon last
year and part of this year, and regularly turned times well in front of
anything and everything H Stock.  Even considering variations in driver
skill, it seemed a little hot for H Stock.  Personally, I thought it would
have moved to G Stock, which already is home to a bunch of heavy 4WD cars,
but DS, ES and GS all run pretty close to one another.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr