Re: NMC: Shipping Stuff?

To: ctautox@hotmail.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NMC: Shipping Stuff?
From: "rich burnley" <richburnley@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 17:46:18 EST

>From: "Dave Williamson" <ctautox@hotmail.com>
>To: autox@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: NMC: Shipping Stuff?
>Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 16:33:58 EST
>
> >I'm looking for some advice..
> >
> >What would one expect to pay to ship a motor/tranny (Miata 4cyl)
> >across the US (residence to residence)
>
>Remember to tell the freight company it's a _used_ engine. I used to
>occassionally do shipping at my previous company, and one of the black arts
>for coming up with a low rate was the classification of what you're
>shipping. ISTR a big difference between new and used engines.
>
>HTH,
>Dave Williamson
>ctautox@hotmail.com

The big differnce between used and new is if it is a used core for
rebuilding, which I assume the engive in question is not.  Also if it is
used they might want you to use released value on it which is difficult to
explain to lay man but is like  \insurance but you tell the trucker what it
is worth per pound and this is how the freight charge is figured.

Rich Burnley