Re: Pro Solo Graphics...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pro Solo Graphics...
From: "David Shreve" <ls1_1le@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 20:35:24 EST
I thought the ProSolo package was okay.  I mean, it looked really good and
was very reasonably priced.  The supplier, however, let me down.  I was
running in STR, and they simply could not comprehend that there were STR and
STU classes beyond the 'Pro' Street Touring class.

For the coming year, I begin to see the problem that some of the other folks
had with the PS graphics package.  I'll be running a 98 Z28 which has
plastic door skins.  At this point, I will not consider putting the stickers
on the paint because it is my daily driver(and my driving record is BAD),
and I don't like the idea of possibly damaging the finish, either.  Second,
I do not want to deal with that static cling crap that I've seen Vette
drivers curse at because it's so tempermental unless you seal it in a
climate-controlled, absolutely flat condition between uses.

Also, there is no 'Pro Series' Y2k, around which the graphics package was
created.  Thus, as I see it, the need for such uniformity no longer exists.
So why continue it?  Is it the pipe dream of tv coverage?  Or the desire for
more identifiable numbers and class letters?

As I said, I along with at least several other folks realize the tv coverage
is a pipe dream.

If the aim is easier reading for scoring and spectators, why not just revise
the existing rules so that we get that effect across the board instead of
just at the ProSolo events?

-dave