Re: Greg Moore

To: "Mark Belcik" <solo390@juno.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Greg Moore
From: "Chris Teague" <cteague@home.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 18:21:27 -0800
Mark,

A few laps into the race, Richie Hearn lost control coming out of
turn 2.  Richie said that the turbulence from the cars in front
disturbed the downforce, and the car just spun, and hit the
inside wall, but the car did not flip, and Richie walked away OK.

Just a few laps later, Greg Moore's car did the same spin
in traffic, but as he was coming across the grass to the inside
wall, the car went airborne, and the top of the car hit the wall,
and the car broke in half at the engine mount and tumbled
many times.  The impact looked horrible (From the tape
I saw later).

I was at Fontana for the race, and it was a very sad day.

Chris