CART frame by frame

To: "Teamdotnet" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: CART frame by frame
From: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 08:27:28 -0500
Last night I looked at the crash frame by frame from what we recorded
for our news program.
The car basically became airborne after touching with the right side
in the grass and turned over with the left side hitting the barriers
almost horizontal. From there the car crumples to pieces with the
cockpit more or less in tack as it spun away from the barrier and
ground. To me it looked like the barrier absorbed most of the initial
momentum, and then the car hit the earth. As it moved/bounced away, it
spun counter clock wise digging into the ground after the first
rotation. It appeared that the driver had already suffered injury and
was unconscious at that point. It eventually landed upside down.

It was a very long five seconds from impact to when the vehicle
finally stopped.

We also reaired the F1 last night and I was looking at their
protection, and it doesn't really look any protective than the cart
cars.

Matt Murray

mailto:mattm@optonline.net
mailto:mdmurray@gwns.com