Re: Oil on tires

To: "Thompson, Adrian \(A.L.\)" <athomps9@visteon.com>,
Subject: Re: Oil on tires
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 06:18:47 -0800 (PST)
I haven't seen an answer to Adrian's question, so:
Yes, exposure to petroleum products can cause tire
rubber to harden.  (the other three big killers are
ozone, UV, and oxygen)  Engine oil might not be as bad
as gasoline but I wouldn't count on using them for
more than practice tires (if that).

Craig Blome

--- "Thompson, Adrian (A.L.)" <athomps9@visteon.com>