Re: John Havranek drove Lucy!

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>, kkelly@spss.com
Subject: Re: John Havranek drove Lucy!
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 11:17:08 -0500
<<<My weekend started off as the best way for the old age odometer. I'll
only say this once. I just turned thirty.>>>

Thirty was a cakewalk compared to forty... ;-)

<<<The next day was an autocross in Stockton. It was by all accounts a
most
perfect event. So, I'm standing there, and who do I see, but John
Havranek!
He was just stopping by on his way to Lake Tahoe for some skiing. I
hadn't
seen him in ten years! I've always wondered what happened to him, and
there
he was in the parking lot! Looking pretty much the same!>>>

Wow! If you see him again tell him I said hi and please give him my
email address!

<<<So, this was my chance ten years later. He HAD to drive Lucy. I had
to show
him how much I improved. "Hey John, I even got protested at Nationals!"
told him. He seemed genuinely proud.>>>

ROTFL! Thanks for bringing a bit of humor to me in my time of great
need!

<<<Well, after some nagging from my mom, he did enter the event. And
guess
what. The old man beat me! By a stinkin' .015. >>>

You done good! Just imagine if you have beaten the most hated Porsche
autocrosser of all time!

Paul Foster