Re: Stolen cars - revisited

To: Hottvr@aol.com
Subject: Re: Stolen cars - revisited
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 19:26:00 -0600
I wouldn't even venture a guess, Mike.  I don't have any idea where
the top market for thieving Minis or other LBCs might be. Maybe the
number-crunchers at NICB can enlighten us next year!!!

As for parts, there are only four places in the whole US that sell
lots of parts for Minis and/or specialize in making them go faster.
There's Mini City in New York, Seven Enterprises in Virginia, and Mini
Mania and Advanced Performance Technology in California.  APT (David
Anton's place) is, by far, the top tuning shop.  David Vizard (the
British A-Series guru) did most of his research there.  If you go
north of the border, there's also Mr. Mini in Ontario and Craig's
Automotive in Vancouver.  Maybe the proximity of those shops to the
number of thefts might give some indication of where the most Minis
are lifted.  Owners of other British cars, though, have a much larger
spectrum of parts options available.  So I wouldn't even venture a
guess there.

I've kept a big, thick folder of everything I've bought for this car
since I got it in September of '86 (with the exception of things like
oil, filters, fuel, slicks, and other expendables.)  One of these days
I'm going to sit down with the calculator and figure out exactly how
much money I've got IN this car.  I'm almost afraid to see the
results!!!  8<{)

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman
1965 DP Austin Mini 1275