Re: Stolen Cars - Revisited

To: JAC73@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Re: Stolen Cars - Revisited
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 15:18:11 -0600
That example tracks, exactly, with what the NICB says, Jim.  But they
also cite another primary reason for theft - export!  To quote from
the news release, "In 1997, 200,000 vehicles were illegally exported
from our country.  Auto experts believe most of the vehicles that were
stolen last year either were exported or taken to 'chop shops' where
they were stripped for parts."

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman