High Idle Problem in MR2

To: "autox team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: High Idle Problem in MR2
From: "Sean D. Scott" <seanscott@webzone.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 06:50:16 -0600
I just wanted to say thanks for all the people who gave me input on my high
idle problem in my MR2.  I finally found the problem by tracing the
throttle linkage back to the gas pedal.  There is a linkage pulley that
goes in one direction to the gas pedal, one direction to the cruise
control, and another direction that I am not sure where it went.  Anyway,
this pulley had gotten dirty and clogged.  I cleaned it up and the car runs
great now.  too bad I had to run in the last autocross of our season last
sunday.

thank you very much to all who wrote with suggestions.

Sean Scott
91 MR2
85cs