Car prices. Was Stolen Minis

To: "'SlyFoxRc@aol.com'" <SlyFoxRc@aol.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Car prices. Was Stolen Minis
From: "Thompson, Adrian (A.L.)" <athomps9@visteon.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 13:52:42 -0500
Tracy Sandberg of Fox Racing wrote "The European Rover Mini which is still a
currently available
model for sale, sells for up to approx. $29K"

Don't read too much into the price of cars in Europe, England especially.
When I moved here from England five years ago I was amazed at how cheap cars
were/are.  I came over to work at Ford.  At the time the FCG's (Ford collage
graduates) were all buying Probe GT's so I looked at them.  At that time a
loaded Probe was selling for approx. $24,000 to the public, not with any
employee discount.  In England the same car was approx. 24,000 British
pounds or $38,400 using a 1.6 exchange rate.  Add to that a 2.5 V6 is a
monster engine by English standards it was basically impossible to insure
one until you were 30 years old.

I've just had a quick look at the Ford UK website.  A base 3dr Focus with
the biggest available engine a 1.8 Zetec (You can go down as small as 1.4!)
costs 13,000 Pounds or $20,800.  Now the base ZX3 Focus over here, with that
big dangerous 2.0L Zetec starts at $12,500.  Trust me over here you have no
idea how lucky you are with cars.  Let's not even start of gas at $4.5 a
gallon!

Adrian Thompson