Re: looking for a good car

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: looking for a good car
From: "Brian C. Goodwin" <briang@adnc.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 15:28:10 -0800
> I would say one of the best combinations of low
> purchase price, low running costs, and plain FUN would
> be a 1990-93 Mazda Miata (1.6 litre engine, C Stock
> next year).  Spend the money you save on a drivers'
> school and LOTS of seat time and you'll be good to go.

The Miata is a great choice for many reasons.  Among others, it is both
cheap and popular which means there will be many other users at most
autocross events to talk to about tuning issues, technique, etc.  However,
depending on the course I think the C stock Miata may be a tough call
against the C stock MR2s which have more torque.  "Cheap" is relative and a
1.8 liter Miata (starting in 1994) might prove more fun in B stock.  I have
seen decent 94s for 5-7k.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
http://www.good-win-racing.com