Various

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Various
From: Jeff_Cashmore@firstar.com
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 10:30:27 -0600
Sorry to put these all in one post but my normal email system is down.  Count me
in as one (of the silent majority?) who likes the Tour scoring system the way it
is.  Regarding my class for next year, Mike B, there was a smiley at the end of
that line.  One reason I like FS is that 3 of the top 10 Nats guys are local.
Regarding cheap cars, I don't see a Corvette with abs as all that expensive to
run, although I have to agree lighter cars do equal less tire wear.  Denise and
I only went through 8 tires last year in the Celica.  Competative cars for $10k
or less....

 SS = early C4 Corvette
 AS = 2nd gen MR2 Turbo, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 944S2
 BS = 94+ Miata R
 CS = 2nd gen NA MR2 (91-95), Porsche 924S/944, 90-93 Miata
 DS = Neon ACR
 ES = SOHC Neon, Saturn SC2, Honda Civic/CRX, 4 cyl 93+ Probe/MX6, 94+ Celica
 ST, 94+ Celica GT
 FS = 89-95 Camaro/Firebird/Mustang
 GS = 6 cyl 93+ Probe/MX6, 3.8L Camaro/Firebird, 92-96 Prelude
 HS = Civic, Integra, Corolla, S-10, Quattro, BMW 318, MX3, Golf, Jetta,
 Contour, Dodge Omni, Shadow, Triumph TR-6.

 "Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried the CVT variant of the HX?  Honda
 claimed it was faster than the 5-speed around their test track."

 I saw one at an event in Peru, IN last year.  It didn't do very well but I
 didn't know the drivers or how well the car was set up.  It sure sounded funny,
 never coming off the revs.

Jeff "back to searching the want ads" Cashmore