was: TT recall

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: was: TT recall
From: Curtis Strilchuk <cs75@netscape.net>
Date: 10 Nov 99 13:04:44 EST
I believe, (and I may be wrong),that the 'voluntary - mandatory' designation
applies toward the _manufacturer_ of the vehicle, not the owner.
Mandatory recalls involve defects comprimising compliance to federal safety
regulations; therefore the manufacturer must make efforts to rectify the
problem.
Voluntary recalls are undertaken by manufacturers at their own volition to
repair defects exposing them to the 'inconvenience' of increased lawsuits,
warranty returns, adverse publicity, etc.
At least I think that's how it works.

Curtis Strilchuk
'86 RX-7