MR2 Power Steering

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: MR2 Power Steering
From: "Moore, John" <jmoore@spyglass.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 15:03:20 -0600
Maybe someone out there knows this info.

        It appears to me from reading the factory manuals for my 93 MR2 that
the manual steering that the car currently has gives a ratio of 20.6:1 but
the power steering gives a ratio of 17.6:1 which changes the number of turns
from lock to lock from 3.7 to only 3.1. Is this true. Will this help the car
feel a little less "lazy"? I seem to have all the parts needed to convert to
power steering, (thanks to the cars previous owner for having given them to
me) and am contemplating putting it in this winter.

        Any thoughts? Anyone know how hard this conversion might be?

John Moore
1993 Toyota MR2 NA