Re: your mail

Subject: Re: your mail
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:46:31 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Engstrom wrote:
> Uhhh, John, in addition to being Red River Region RE and Vice President
> of the Shreveport Journalism Foundation, you're also the Southwest Division
> Solo Safety Steward.  How would you prevent me from buying 5 "cone
> mulligans" and barreling through a three cone slalom and two offset cones
> and entering a sharp turn at 90+ MPH?  Maybe you could set a limit to the
> number of "cone mulligans" bought, but the safety steward would have to
> assess the course beforehand to find a safe limit on the number of cones.
> Seems like kind of a problem to me.

Just make a rule that you can't use con mulligans on multiple cones in a
row.  Like, knock over one cone is fine, but three in a row isn't.  Three
individual cones are fine, etc.

That would make the SSS job easier 'cause they'd just have to make sure
that a deliberate killing of one cone didn't create problems.

Mark