Re: STU and Subframe Connectors, Etc

To: Robert Glover <rob@f-body.org>
Subject: Re: STU and Subframe Connectors, Etc
From: Josh Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:52:40 -0700
Robert Glover wrote:

> This brings up an issue I was pondering earlier today...
>
> How can ESP-type cars be competitive in that class, when cars such as
> ASP-prepped Mazda RX7-TTs will run in there too?  Or have I missed
> something and that car would NOT be legal?
>
> It's hard enough for C4 Corvettes to keep up with those things, let alone
> f-bodies.

        RX-7tt: 2-Seater
        Vette:  2-Seater

        Neither are legal in the class.

        The car has to have 4 seats. And the 911 is out of the picture because
of the front engine requirement.

> I'm just trying to examine all the possible vehicles that'd fall into the
> class and see which would end up being class dominators.

        I hate to say it, but I think the hot car for the class is gonna be a
big-buck Honda Civic (yes, it really does have four seats). It's itsy
bitsy small, really light, and can go really quick. Drop in a turbo'd
Honda mill, and it'd be scary.

        Take a well built CSP Civic, say...the Lamkin/Despelder car, and drop
in a built to the hilt powerplant with gobs of power and torque, and go
kick some asphalt. CSP turns near ASP times in many cases, I think it'd
be a terribly potent autox weapon.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/