Re: I need some help

To: Stephen Beal <mca187@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: I need some help
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 17:30:26 -0800 (PST)

--- Stephen Beal <mca187@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway I want to know if I can swap my
> antilock brakes for something else, let's face it
> ABS sucks.

Not easily, and not without destroying the car's
resale.  If you must lose ABS, your best bet is to
trade the car for one without.

Why do you say ABS sucks?  Some cars have cheap horrid
systems but I was under the impression the Mustang's
was pretty good.  Cheap tires that are prone to lockup
will often trigger ABS prematurely and make it look
like the brake system is bad, when a tire upgrade will
improve matters.  Any Ford OEM tire falls in this
category...they are good for nothing except crash
walls or incinerator fuel.  :)

> I also want to
> know what do you need to have to compete in Solo II
> events and, if the car
> isn't in my name do I have to have the owners
> consent on paper to race?

<http://www.autocross.com/autoc/index.htm> should help
you.

Craig Blome