Re: was mr2's in D prepared, now stripped interior in SP????

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: was mr2's in D prepared, now stripped interior in SP????
From: "Brad Cox" <coxb@trimofran.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:13:58 -0600
>It's kind of like the rule that an Improved Touring car can run in Street
>Prepared.  While IT allows you to gut the interior and remove all of
>the undercoating and sound insulation, you MUST run a full roll cage, >your
tires must fit within the wheel wells....

This weekend I saw a CRX with a 'very' gutted interior, roll cage, etc.  He
was running in CSP.  Is this actually legal?  I thought the rules in SP were
pretty explicit about not removing things the mfgr did not specifically
design to be removed (like the spare tire).  He did appear to be running
stock sized wheels however.  So, is he legal under IT rules?  How about when
those rules are in direct conflict with stated SP rules?

-brad