Re: was mr2's in D prepared, now stripped interior in SP????

To: Brad Cox <coxb@trimofran.org>
Subject: Re: was mr2's in D prepared, now stripped interior in SP????
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:22:13 -0600
That would have been Kenn Walker's red ITA/CSP CRX, Brad.  And, yes,
it's perfectly legal.  The catch-phrase in the rules is that a car can
be prepared to one spec or the other.  But you can't mix and mingle.
You can run an IT road race car in its equivalent SP auto-x class as
long as it meets all the IT specs.  You can't mix in any of the SP
specs.  The rule was designed to give the IT guys somewhere else to
play, since their cars can only run at the Regional level.  IT is not
a National class.  To my knowledge, however, you can't go the other
way.  That is, you can't take a SP car and run it in IT unless it
conforms to all the IT specs.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman

PS:  Hope you enjoyed yourself yesterday!!!

JL