Re: this would be cool

To: "Bradley Lamont" <lamont@mailhost.org>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: this would be cool
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 13:59:31 -0500
> Any precedent elsewhere in the US?

The article sez:

>Auto clubs with race courses are popular in England, and there are similar
>facilities in the United States. There are dedicated road courses in
>Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan and in Rockton, Ill., just north of Rockford,
>but they don't include clubs.

I read about something of this type in progress in one of the BMW CCA
chapter newsletters, though I can't remember where.  I can go back and look
it up.  I believe the chapter whose area in which the project was taking
place was considering becoming a sponsor, both for the exposure and for a
back door to using the facility for driving schools.  Now all we need is one
of these in New England... :)

    - Justin
      95 SC2 "Locutus" ST
      83 320i "Igor"